Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
by Lewis Carroll
Free Searchable Version
Read, search, and analyze the text of
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis
Carroll. First published in 1865, Alice was a
hit, enjoyed by both children and adults
alike. There have now been over a hundred editions of the book, as well as countless adaptations in other media, especially theatre and film
Using the askSam Web Publisher, we've put the entire text on-line in a searchable database. You can search and browse through the information from your Web browser. The askSam Web Publisher is a great tool for publishing information like this.
It's easy enough that you can do it yourself, or we can work with you to put your information on-line.
Contact us for more information.
You can download, search and analyze the eBook on your computer using the free askSam Viewer or the askSam free-form database (Windows PCs only). This downloaded version offers you more more power and flexibility than the on-line version.
More About Lewis Caroll
and Alice in Wonderland:
- Lewis Carroll was the pen name of British mathematician and author, Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson..
- The illustrations were done by John Tenniel.
- Alice was first published on July 4, 1865, exactly three years after Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson and Reverend Robinson Duckworth rowed in a boat up the River Thames with three little girls: Lorina Charlotte Liddell (aged 13), Alice Pleasance Liddell (aged 10), and Edith Mary Liddell (aged 8). To while away time the Reverend Dodgson told the girls a story that, not so coincidentally, featured a bored little girl named Alice who goes looking for an adventure. The girls loved it, and Alice Liddell asked Dodgson to write it down for her. He eventually did so and in February 1863 gave Alice the first manuscript of Alice's Adventures Under Ground.
- The text in the askSam database is from Project Gutenberg
- For more information about Alice in
Wonderland visit Wikipedia
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- For more information about Lewis Carroll
- Lewis Carroll.
ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN
THE MILLENNIUM FULCRUM EDITION 3.0
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Down the Rabbit-Hole
2. The Pool of Tears
3. A Caucus-Race and a Long Tale
4. The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill
5. Advice from a Caterpillar
6. Pig and Pepper
7. A Mad Tea-Party
8. The Queen’s Croquet-Ground
9. The Mock Turtle’s Story
10. The Lobster Quadrille
11. Who Stole the Tarts?
12. Alice’s Evidence